Enabling effective AI policies: Launch of the OECD Framework for Classifying AI Systems
Feb 22, 2022 | 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
The OECD.AI Network of Experts is launching a user-friendly framework that will allow policy makers to classify different types of applied AI systems. The framework helps distinguish AI applications according to their potential impact on individuals, society and the planet. Participants will discuss the tool in detail and present concrete examples of how to apply the framework. The panel will also look ahead and discuss the next step for this work: designing an AI risk assessment method building on the Framework.
Moderator: Karine Perset, Head of AI Unit and OECD.AI, OECD Digital Economy Policy Division
• Sebastian Hallensleben, Head of Digitalisation and AI, VDE Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies
• Dewey Murdick, Director at Georgetown’s Center for Security and Emerging Technology
• Viknesh Sounderajah, PhD Clinical Research Fellow, Imperial College of London Department of Surgery and Cancer
• Marko Grobelnik, AI Researcher & Digital Champion - AI Lab of Slovenia’s Jozef Stefan Institute
• Olivia Erdelyi, Director of Ethics and Policy, Soul Machines
The live session time above reflects your computer's local time zone. The session will be recorded and available on replay the day after the live stream.
Enabling effective AI policies: Launch of the OECD...